The importance of large touch screen monitors in your workspace
Large touch screen monitors are a great addition to the office as they are able to showcase large interactive maps of your whole space and bring in more advanced technology into the workplace. This is called office digital signage and it allows your staff to cut back on wasted time so it can be turned into more productive work instead. Not only this, but with office digital signage you will also be able to post important updates or any need to knows for everyone to see in an efficient way.
The advantages of investing in office digital signage are obvious: enhanced wayfinding, greater visibility, easy conference room check-in, and so on. Businesses that make the effort to invest aren’t merely spending for the sake of spending. They’re signalling to the rest of the company that they’re committed to enhancing staff performance on a daily basis. They’re putting money into the workplace.
Features to look for in large touch screens
- Size: The size of your space, how many monitors you want, what your budget is, and the performance of the large touch screen monitor you would like are all factors in having you decide what kind of touch screen monitor size you would like to have. You can either buy a few smaller ones and spread them out around the office, or have one large one at the entrance of your office, or a mixture of both. Large touch screens average 85 inches give or take a few, but sizes can range from 48 inches up to 90+ inches.
- Single touch or Multi-touch: A single touch display might be a little restrictive based on who you are marketing it towards and how many of your employees you would like to be able to access it at once. In order to use interactive maps and have more people at once touching the screen, you may want to consider a multi-touch rather than a single touch.
Where should the large touch screen monitor go
In terms of digital signage your large format touch screen can go anywhere, you would like, but there are some general guidelines that may help you decide where to put them. At the end of the day, everything is dependent on your space and its needs, and you should first consider those before deciding on anything.
In an ideal scenario, your big touch screen monitor would be placed in your lobby and you would have one for each floor of your building. You’d want to make sure it’s near an elevator, or kitchen area as those are the highest traffic points in your office, which means that your employees would benefit most from having them placed there.
Options for the best large touch screen monitors
1. Sony FWD-85Z9G 85-inch 8K Smart Commercial IPTV
If you’re looking for a quality large format touch screen and have an extensive budget, then this large touch screen might be the one for your office space. It is 85 inches, rich in colours, has a built-in IPTV, and has an option to integrate with Chromecast. The only downside to this is the price, but if it fits in your budget, this is a great option.
2. LG 84WS70B 84-inch 4K UHD
This large touch screen is by notable brand LG and retains the quality that comes with high contrast images as well as an incredible sound system that comes with many options depending on the environment and nature of it, including music, cinema, games, and standard modes.
3. Samsung QM85D 85” 4K Ultra HD LED
Samsung is another notable brand that created a big touch screen monitor with a 120Hz refresh rate, which basically allows for smoother operations when it comes to dragging windows or watching videos and reducing the stutter. This large touch screen also allows you to divide the screen into 4 quadrants with Picture-in-Picture mode which lets you use up to four devices on it.
4. Sharp 8MB70AUU 70-inch 8K Commercial Monitor
Depending on what exactly you are using the large touch screen, this option can be good for anything from streaming videos to simply using it for digital signage, as the image quality and colour gradients are off the charts. The HDR (high dynamic range) screen also expands the contrast ratio in the colours which creates a more natural-looking image. Another great thing about the Sharp is the brightness sits at 400 nits, which is good for most rooms.
5. NEC MultiSync X981UHD-2 98-inch 4K
Although a large touch screen monitor with multitouch displays isn’t very common, the NEC is one option for this. It sits at 90 inches, making it one of the largest touch screen monitors, and allows for up to 6 simultaneous touch points which are good as it will allow for easier use of interactive maps or to have multiple people on it at once. Not only does it have high-performance sensors that allow for stability, accuracy and high performance, but the display also has an anti-reflective coating which reduces reflection as much as possible so that everything is easier to read and see.